1 butternut squash, about 3lb or 3 packages (12-ounce size) frozen squash, partially thawed
20 ounces condensed chicken broth, undiluted
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 ground white pepper
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400F, Bake the whole squash about 1 hour or until tender.
2. Let squash cool lightly. Cut in half lengthwise; discard the seeds. With a spoon, scoop squash pulp from the skin.
3. In electric blender, combine half of squash pulp and 10 oz broth; blend at low speed until well combined, then at high speed until smooth. Turn into bowl. Repeat with remaining squash and broth. Stir in salt and pepper.
4. Refrigerate soup, covered, overnight.
5. At serving time, heat squash mixture just to boiling. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup of cream; cook slowly until heated through. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper, if necessary.
6. Meanwhile beat remaining cream just until stiff.
7. Serve soup hot and garnish with a spoonful of whipped cream, a sprinkle of nutmeg and parsley, if desired.
Yields: 6 Servings